Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mayo and Egg McMuffins

OK, not together! But these have been the recent cravings :) The mayo thing is a repeat for me - I know that I can largely blame my past turkey sandwich craving on the mayo. No mayo, no deal! It's something about mayo and meat that I have been craving. First the turkey + mayo, then most recently ground beef + mayo in a taco salad that I LOVE. I normally like mayo so its not like this is super weird, but I never thought I would like it enough to crave it... It's unfortunate too - can you really crave anything unhealthier than mayo?

Well, I supposed you can - As of course my initial cravings were Big Macs and now the Egg McMuffin. I love McDonalds. Is McDonald's worse for you than mayo? Well, at least I'm still consuming in moderation... I've been able to mostly control these cravings. It does help that McDonald's only serves Egg McMuffins in the morning. Yeah, but that didn't make me too happy when I got the craving at 6pm. Let me tell you - when you get the craving - it does NOT go away! Not until you get to eat it. So I can control the cravings, but the only way to beat them is to indulge. So I guess I'm not really beating them - they are beating me :( But seriously, does anyone crave healthy stuff?!?!?!?!? I know Krystal craved grilled corn on the cob - that's healthy! But I would probably put a ton of butter on it so that's not really helping. Why can't I crave apples, or spinach, or brussel sprouts (ew)? Ugh - another reason why its so hard to stick to only 300 calories/day extra :)

Wow. I really have food issues, can you tell? I think most of my posts have been about food. That's because its all I think about. Food and baby... :)

3 comments:

  1. I craved plenty of unhealthy things too, corn on the cob just happened to be the one I couldn't get enough of, and yes it was usually covered in butter and lemon pepper seasoning! Enjoy your cravings- that's a fun part of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally the fun part! The mayo, yeah it is a little weird, but they have SmartBalance at the grocery store which has omega-3s in it. so you can make it a little healthier! I got peanut butter with that in it because for a while it was one of the only things that didn't make me sick.

    My biggest, most common craving: guacamole with french fries. Sadly, Brandon's guacamole really is the only one that helps that craving and he isn't always around to make it... Just wait, you may get others too, some good and bad. But enjoying it is the most fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of cravings, I have been wanting a bean and cheese burrito from either La Salsa or Rubio's! This has been since Tuesday! (thanks to my wonderful coworkers at the bowling alley)... If only there were one close to here... It's just proof it does not go away! 4 days! thats too long to have a craving!!!

    ReplyDelete