Monday, August 30, 2010

No Turning Back

Ugh - Monday. I am so sad to say good-bye to the weekend :( Especially a productive one! Nick and I actually got quite a bit of our to-do list done, and it feels so nice! I need more of those days! Unfortunately we didn't get any of the big stuff done - like buying a mommy car (yeah - we've been saying we were going to do this since May - It's just such torture!) or planning the rest of our vacation that we are taking in October, but I think I can be happy with baby steps. We had a huge list of things around the house that we needed to get so we did some shopping. Nick cleaned the bathrooms including the shower (oh so sad that I'm not allowed to breathe in chemicals...) :) and did other handi-work around the house like fixing leaking faucets (seems to happen a lot...) and yardwork. I even got some scrapbooking done so not only was it a productive weekend, but fun too :) But perhaps most exciting is that I bought maternity clothes! And now there is no turning back - I am sooooo comfortable in these elastic waisted pants and poofy tops - I have no reason to go back! I'm sure if I asked my other pregnant friends that are nearing the end they would say that they are done with maternity clothes and want their normal clothes back, but right now these are the greatest! It's hard to imagine wanting to wear normal clothes ever again :)

It was a pretty entertaining experience to try them on in the store too. I went to Motherhood Maternity and they have a velcro belly that you can try on with your clothes so you can see what you will look like as you get bigger. It was really strange - it's one thing to know that you are going to look like that someday, and its another to actually see it. I couldn't believe how weird I looked! But I guess since it happens gradually I will adjust to it slowly... But wow - its going to strange. Very exciting though :)

As much as I am glad it happens slowly so I can adjust slowly, it is hard to be patient! I want baby to grow faster! :) Some days I feel like baby is growing so fast and I look huge, and then the next day I feel like you can't even tell :( I'm hoping the next few weeks will be a turning point - I'm supposedly going to be gaining about a pound a week from here on out, so it can't be too much longer, right?

3 comments:

  1. It's fun reading about the beginning of your pregnancy while I am at the end of mine, all these same feelings seem like forever ago! Enjoy the slow growing belly phase while it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!! The beginning seems so long ago! Be thankful that it wont be as hot too when you get bigger! And even as your belly grows the thought "there is a baby in my belly" never ceases to put a smile on your face! Course, once you get a foot/arm/whatever in the ribs, its a different story, but exciting non-the-less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try on a belly!!! How fun! This reminds me of when you first found out you were pregnant and we determined that right after you pee on the stick you should be granted a belly! I can only imagine how torturous it is to wait this long! Only a little longer! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete