Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bring on the FAT clothes!

OH -MY - GOODNESS I can't even believe how depressing every morning is to get ready for work only to find yet another pair of pants does not fit me! I realize of course that I am supposed to be growing and its very exciting to know that the baby is getting bigger - I'm just really not a fan of the "are you pregnant or just fat?" stage. I want to either be normal or obvious pregnant! None of this in-between stuff.

I have yet to buy maternity clothes and with today being 12 weeks officially it is looking like that time is approaching faster every day. The main problem is my work pants. I'm totally fine in jeans - I probably have a few more weeks in my jeans, but my work pants fall right at the part of my waist that is growing the fastest. And just because I can button the pants in the morning does not make it a good idea to wear them. Because I grow throughout the day - water and food and they just get tighter and tighter! Not to mention I sit down all day meaning the pants dig into my tummy and make it very uncomfortable :(

So I am resorting to my fat clothes. As my waist increases my wardrobe diminishes and I am busting out the dresses/skirts and anything with elastic. I've managed to stay comfortable the last 2 days, but I really think I am going to need to go shopping soon.

Unless they allow jeans and pjs at work every day :)

3 comments:

  1. I remember this stage! It is not very fun! I used a rubber band through the button hole to keep my pants up. Some days, I didn't even button them and used my belt to hold them up. Before you know it, you'll be sporting a bump so cute! Even though it's your fat clothes, enjoy wearing the normal clothes while you can! As fun as it is to be wearing maternity, I miss wearing that cute dress or my favorite jeans... Just hoping that I can fit into them afterward... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the rubber band was a wardrobe staple for weeks, then I moved onto the BeBand (that is pretty much a tube top you wear around your waist to hide the fact that you can't button up your pants anymore and it just looks like you have a layered tank top underneath-helpful and I am sure I will use it again after baby comes, but it kinda bugged me) it might be a good thing to try eventually for work! The belly always felt bigger then it looked in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least they make cute maternity clothes now instead of the old potato sack/ugly print/tent style I had to wear that said "BOY am I pregnant" all over them & you couldn't wait to get rid of them. Much as I loved being pregnant, I was glad the fashion was temporary. I remember wearing P's jean shorts for as long as possible. Also, I liked the expandable pants they made because they lasted through most of the pregnancy as well as afterward until I got back to a more regular shape.

    ReplyDelete