Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GREAT Grandparents

I was really fortunate that I was able to meet (and remember!) 3 of my great grandparents. Of course I was young and not able to fully appreciate how cool that was - I didn't get to ask them all the things I would have asked them now about their life and experiences and what their childhood was like. They grew up in such a different time - I wish I knew more about it, and more about them. But being young I totally took those things for granted and maybe didn't appreciate their being there as much as I should have. But at least I can remember, and will never forget, that when I was with them I had fun. I know they spoiled me and most importantly, I know they loved me. I don't have a lot of memories, but the ones that I have are awesome - I know they were very special people.

Other very special people are my grandparents. My grandparents ROCK! And I am soooooo excited that they are going to be GREAT grandparents. Even more excited that Nick and I now (after this weekend) have 3 of the 4 sets of grandparents in Tucson. Yep - all of my grandparents live here (never thought that would happen!) now that Grandma Carol and Grandpa Gene (my Mom's parents) have made the move from southern California. We just need Nick's Mom's parents to move here and then that will be all of them! (Fortunately they make trips to Tucson 2-3 times a year so we still get to see them some).

But it was a pretty exciting weekend - Grandma and Grandpa got the keys to their new house (just built!) and got to start on all the fun things that go on when you get a new house. Aunt Jan, Uncle Nick, and Uncle Keith came out to help and I think everyone made a lot of progress! After the weekend, the garage floor is epoxied, the office desk put together, the laundry room cabinet put together, shelving paper on every shelf, and I think most of the ceiling fans are up too! It was fun to hang out with everyone and help where we could (I wasn't so much help, but I did what I could) :) No chemicals or heavy lifting, but there was other stuff to do.

I don't think it will take Grandma and Grandpa long to settle in - they seem to be very on top of things which is super impressive especially considering they haven't moved in 40-something years :) But it's super exciting that they are here and I know baby will be excited that they are here too. All of our grandparents are going to be wonderful great grandparents!

1 comment:

  1. That is lucky! I don't remember mine. Hopefully our kids will be as lucky to remember theirs!

    ReplyDelete