Sunday, September 19, 2010

26



OK, so I am majorly late blogging this, but I had some cute pictures so I still wanted to. So sorry this is so late. Life has been nuts lately (I'm sure that is the case for everyone) and blogging has taken a back seat to other stuff. But I'm back! For now :)

I just wanted to share that I'm getting old. I'm getting old and now I'm getting fat :) Well, at least I have an excuse. But old and fat - yeah, not so much a fan...

But birthdays are still fun to celebrate even if it means I'm getting old. Day of (last Thursday, 9/9 - see how late I am?!?!?!?) I went to work in the morning. I picked up a pumpkin spice latte (decaf) on the way. That's one thing that I've made Nick promise about my birthday - I get Starbucks and he's not allowed to whine about it. But he wasn't there to whine anyway :( I picked him up from the airport at 3:00 (yeah he better come back from D.C. for my birthday! especially since he missed it last year!) So I guess he made special arrangements to make sure that he was able to spend at least part of my birthday with me. The major bummer though was that he was sick! Airplanes seem to do that to us :( Of course I'm sure it could have been any number of things, but airplanes seem to mean doom when it comes to our health. So he was a good sport the rest of the day, but he was feeling pretty miserable. We saw "The Other Guys" which we had never seen previews for and had no idea what it was about other than it had Will Ferrell in it and it was supposed to be funny. Yeah, the whole intro we were trying to figure out if we were in the right movie because it started with a car chase and Will Ferrell nowhere to be found - we had no idea it was a cop movie. It was entertaining enough. Kind of weird, but enjoyable. Then we went to BJs for dinner with the sole purpose of having a pazookie for dessert. Yeah, should have started with the pazookie. I didn't even eat half of my enormous pumpkin sized stuffed potato. So I made Nick promise that we could go back for a peanut butter pazookie sometime soon. I should have known... But at least something exciting finally happened - I was FULL!!!!! It's been a while...

Friday I worked another half day and then we went up to Mt. Lemmon for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and Mom's 50th. It was so beautiful up there and surprisingly cold! The weather was refreshing, but I should have brought more warm clothes.



We always say that when our family gets together that we have a "food fest" and boy did I eat a lot! I'm sure this contributed to my ever expanding tummy. This isn't the greatest picture, but I think you can tell its growing...



So it was a fun weekend for those of us that weren't walking bacteria buckets the whole time (Nicholas...). He slept a lot and avoided getting close to people - hopefully he didn't contaminate anyone - hey, if I didn't get sick then no one should have! But he said the part that he was awake he had fun :) We went on the ski lift, did some hiking, played some games, and enjoyed each other's company. It was good stuff.















1 comment:

  1. Happy Late Birthday!! I am glad to hear your birthday was fun! Your not getting old! Not yet anyway! Though I know it feels like it! (especially when it is hard to get down on the ground, or bend over!)
    Your tummy is so cute! Barely seeing the bump, but it is there!!

    ReplyDelete