Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2:35am

So for the last 2 weeks I've been thinking I was feeling baby move some. It mostly was after eating so I wondered if it was my tummy digesting or something. It was always a light fluttering - so light I almost wondered if I was imagining it. But that's what I was told to expect so it didn't seem unreasonable that it could be baby.

The weird thing is that when I would put my hands on my tummy sometimes I could feel a lot of movement - like the whole thing would roll. It seemed weird that I could feel that with my hands, but my tummy didn't feel that movement - because it seemed pretty significant.

But the bewilderment about what is going on in there is over. I KNOW its baby moving and I know that because it decided to do gymnastics at 2:35am last night. I set the alarm to call and wake Nick up who is in Washington D.C. right now. And of course if I get woken up I have to pee. So I got up to pee and after I got back in bed holy cow! Baby would not let me go to sleep! It was going nuts in there! I felt a lot of movement and it was way more than the light flutter. I don't know what was going on but it was having some kind of party in there. I can't even imagine what this is going to feel like when baby gets bigger. My tummy is going to look like some contortionist act...

So it was pretty cool. I don't think I got to fully appreciate it because really I just wanted to go back to sleep. Apparently baby has lots of energy at 2:35am... Something to look forward too...

5 comments:

  1. The first time I had felt Nikolai move, it was crazy. I had to ask everyone what their baby moving felt like at first. The descriptions the books and websites had did not seem to make any sense to me, that was not how Nikolai's movement felt! But isn't it such a cool feeling! Watching the movement is something so cool though too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that the baby was doing the Cha Cha Slide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that funny that we were talking about baby moving for your birthday? How fun! Hopefully next time you'll be more awake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal had a routine:
    -Wake up to pee
    -Get back in bed
    -Baby goes crazy
    -Krystal stays awake

    ReplyDelete