Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thinning Out...

Not my tummy! And not Aurora - that's for sure. She is baking in there pretty good and packing on the pounds. My tummy looks bigger every day! I know I've been saying that all along, but I feel like its growing exponentially at this point.

What's thinning out is my cervix! I went to the doctor on Friday and I am 70% effaced. So that was pretty exciting. I know that I shouldn't get my hopes up that Aurora will come early - but it was cool to know that I've made progress already! It is weird to me that Wednesday I am full term! Wow, it seems crazy that the end is in sight.

So that is my exciting news. Life has been pretty busy and crazy lately and I will try to update you as much as possible on all the other excitement...

Since my last post my amazing friends at work and Bible study have thrown me baby showers. That was pretty cool. The work one was at Buffalo Wild Wings (thanks times a million to Dominic for organizing that!) The food was amazing as always and we got so much nice stuff again. It was really interesting to meet my coworkers families. I have to say that for being engineers - most of them are very normal. But that's coming from another engineer, so take it for what it's worth :)

The Bible study baby shower was a surprise. It was at the best time too! I was super hungry and almost stopped to get something sugary and bad for me to eat before, but I was worried I was going to be late, so I didn't. And it worked out perfect - they had yummy food for me (more of Brittany's amazing cupcakes - pink this time!) and I got to pig out on all that goodness. And again - got more super cute baby stuff.

I have really awesome, really thoughtful friends :)

We have spent the last 2 weekends trying to be productive and I think we've done a pretty good job. Aurora's room is basically done! The furniture is in there and together and her clothes (up to 3 months) are washed and put away. There is still more stuff to do, but I'm feeling like if she came tomorrow I wouldn't be totally unprepared :)





So lots of good stuff going on. And I've gotta say that even if the house isn't 100% ready for Aurora, my body is 100% ready to be done with pregnancy. The nightly pee trips are up to a minimum of 3 times a night. And heartburn and swollen ankles are my constant companions. The doctor said the swelling feet/ankles are only going to get worse - I find that hard to believe - they are pretty bad. Oh, well - the end is in sight. And I know without a doubt that she is worth every second of uncomfortableness that I go through and it is such a small price to pay for our little princess.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors, the room looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 70% already! Congrats! Hope that things keep up moving forward!

    We still don't have Nikolai's room complete! And he is over one month old! So congrats on having the room done! :) It looks great, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet her!!! But I can wait until Wednesday (or a little longer if I have to) Are you dilated at all? Any contractions or Braxton Hicks lately? Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog randomly..what a beautiful nursery! and your daughter is simply precious! blessings, Hannah Rose

    roseandherlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete