Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Heart

I had my appointment with the cardiologist yesterday and I am happy to say that I have a healthy heart. It was a LONG appointment - I had to wait for almost an hour - I was worried my blood pressure was going to be through the roof - I am not a patient waiter at doctors offices. (Just one of my pet peeves that they can't do a better job scheduling). But hooray - blood pressure was 102/70. Then I had an EKG, and an ultrasound of my heart. I'd never had an EKG before - weird test. They said it was normal. The ultrasound was COOL! It was funny because usually in ultrasounds I get to hear Aurora's heart - but this time it was mine. Hers beats a lot faster :) I got to see the chambers and it pumping - very bizarre. Really I think it looks like it could break any minute, but I'm not a doctor :) and they assured me that it wouldn't.

So it was a 2 hour appointment - yuck - but everything checks out and the doctor said I'm fine. The only thing he didn't test was to see if I could possibly have a clogged artery going to my heart, but he said that I didn't have any risk factors so he wasn't worried about that. He said he didn't want to do the test because he wasn't about to put an almost 8 month pregnant lady on a treadmill. I was up for the challenge, but I'm OK that I didn't have to :) He didn't see any reason why I would be having chest pains - so it seemed like my heartburn theory made the most sense.

So I am done with doctor appointments for the week - hooray! The last few weeks it has been one thing after another. My next appointment is my regularly scheduled every-2-weeks appointment next Friday. And no extras are scheduled in the future! Just down to my every 2-weeks and then soon to weekly appointments. I don't think I could take any more doctors - I feel like I spend my life there as it is!

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is looking good! Maybe this just means Aurora will come out with a head full of hair! Didn't the cardiologist warn you how much bigger your heart gets once she arrives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EKGs are fun, lol. I hated removing the sticker things from my chest when they finished though...
    That must've been so neat seeing your heart in an ultrasound! Glad it is good...
    Just wait, your almost done and then you get to take little one to the doctor's. It changes the experience completely. Signing 'Mother' on documents. It's kinda cool, but different.

    ReplyDelete