Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Pregnant Waddle

I used to think that pregnant women waddled because of their tummies. I have lately come to suspect that this is not the case. Not that I have any personal experience with any of these :) but these are my 3 guesses as to why pregnant women waddle:

1) They are trying to keep their thighs from rubbing together
2) Their backs hurt so bad and the only way to keep them from hurting is to waddle
3) They are trying to get to the bathroom without shifting the baby and springing a leak

Yes, this is the sad reality. As far as I can tell its not the tummies - its everything else.

I have yet to waddle in public. I can avoid it even if its uncomfortable, and I will avoid it as long as I can.

But just so you know - when no one's looking...

I totally waddle :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Towards the end, I totally waddled everywhere. I figured being pregnant was a good enough excuse. But before the end and being super huge, even Brandon would point out if I waddled in public.

    I found that yes, it helps the back hurt less, but also it seemed to remove pressure from my bladder. Then once baby dropped, it was all I could do to keep my pelvis from feeling like it was splitting in two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see you waddle! haha I love it! I miss you and I am so looking forward to scrapbooking with you next week!

    ReplyDelete