Monday, May 23, 2011

Teething

Well, Aurora is definitely teething and not enjoying it. I can see little teeth poking through her bottom gums - not the ones in the middle - the two on either side of the middle. Looks like she is going to hang bottom fangs first. Should be cute. But I feel bad for her - she's having a pretty hard time with it - a couple times a day she will scream uncontrollably for about 10 minutes and then she exhausts herself so she falls asleep - its sad :(

In other baby development news, she has started lifting her head up when she is on her back - its like she's trying to do sit-ups. She still hates tummy time so I'm happy that at least she is trying this - anything to help strengthen that neck...

So that's my little update for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing getting her teefers! I think Nikolai's are going to come late. I was late with mine (at least my molars) so it wont surprise me. SO cute if she gets her lateral incisors first! Too bad it isn't closer to halloween, she could be a vampire. But it's probably better!

    Yay for holding her head up! it's amazing how fast they grow! :) She will start liking tummy time again soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable teething would be, poor baby. Make sure to keep lots of orajel and baby Tylenol on hand. My little sister came up with a great system. When Orlando gets fussy and she thinks it's from teething she'll rub the orajel on first. If he calms down for 15-20 minutes but then gets fussy again she knows it's because he's teething (orajel doesn't last very long) and then gives him Tylenol. You'd be amazed at what a little Tylenol would do for their mood!

    ReplyDelete