Monday, May 2, 2011

3 Little Disasters

Disaster #1: We tried to go out to dinner again. And again tried to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. We are really starting to form a love-hate relationship with that place. We LOVE the food - but HATE going there - it is always so crowded! And yeah, a Saturday night is probably the worst time to go, but there was a UFC fight on, so it was even more packed than usual. There was a line out the door - so sad :( Then we tried going to Olive Garden instead, but there was a 1/2 hour wait. So we went to McDonalds. Yep - and it tasted so yummy. I love that place. But I had really been looking forward to wings. But an hour and 1/2 after we'd left the house I was starving so Micky D's it was.

Disaster #2: I tried to take Aurora to Nick's baseball game Sunday - her first one. I thought she'd have fun and enjoy the fresh air. Nope. She fussed the entire time. For 3 hours. All the usual tricks didn't work and she was just mad the whole time. I asked Nick if he could hear her screaming and he said no so I was thankful for that - that she wasn't distracting the players. I was tempted to leave though - it was so bad. It makes me not want to try that again, but I figure that she'll get over it eventually...

Disaster #3: I should have seen this one coming. It was only a matter of time. I stick my face in Aurora's so much - she gets LOTS of kisses. Well, we were goofing around and I was giving her eskimo kisses and then all of a sudden she projectile barfed right in my face and it went up my nose! Yes - I got baby barf up my nose. Now how many people can say that? :)

But all in all it was a productive weekend at least. We got some yardwork done so that was nice and Nick got a lot of things crossed off his to-do list. But it was a short weekend - 2 day weekends go so fast!

4 comments:

  1. We don't go into Buffalo Wild Wings anymore. Luckily we have one close enough that we just order to go...

    At least Nick couldn't hear, hopefully the other players didn't also. Did they win?

    Projectile barf up the nose... Fun! At least you didn't get any in the mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer... maybe next time, if she is quiet, she will be a good luck charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds like a terrible weekend :( I'm sorry. I'm sure Aurora just isn't used to new surroundings, she should outgrow that soon. Bummer about the wings, maybe ordering to-go would be better?

    ReplyDelete