Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all the mommys and mommys to be! I am so blessed to know so many wonderful mothers - my own, my grandma, my aunts, the family I inherited when I married Nick, and I have some really awesome friends that are great mothers. All of whom are great examples to me and people that I really look up to. I can only hope that I am half as good a mother as they are. I hope you all had a super terrific day and got totally spoiled!

I had a very special day. It was weird to be celebrating mother's day as a mommy, but so awesome. Being a mom is the greatest thing ever! We went to church in the morning and Aurora slept through the whole thing - she was such an angel all day! Then we went over to my parent's for lunch and spent most of the day there. I got totally spoiled - we had burgers, onion rings, and lots of other yummy stuff along with homemade ice cream and toll house pie for dessert. Everything I requested :) Which was super nice especially considering that it was mother's day for my Mom, but she's always making things special for me - we share a birthday and she does the same thing - always puts me first even though it is her special day too. That's why I have the best Mom ever. That and lots of other reasons :)

It was a nice relaxing day. Nick got me flowers - roses and lilies - and a beautiful cross necklace that has a mustard seed in the middle (so cool!!!!!) For anyone that doesn't know the symbolism its from Matthew 17 where Jesus talks about faith the size of a mustard seed could move mountains. Very cool - I love it! And I got Starbucks and Pier 1 gift cards (time to go shopping!!!!), some adorable clothes for Aurora, and some scrapbooking stuff. My family is awesome.

After my parent's house we came home and played with Aurora, had pizza, and watched Ocean's 13. I couldn't have asked for a better day :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds like so much fun! glad you had a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that sounds like a great day! I'm so glad you have so much family to spoil you the way that you truly deserve! You are an amazing mommy and friend!

    ReplyDelete