Friday, February 25, 2011

Due Date Day



Well, February 24th, 2011 has come and gone. 3 and 1/2 weeks ago I never would have expected it to be such a normal, boring, routine day - but I am so thankful that it was. Not that any day is really routine anymore - and definitely no day is boring. But it was boring in the sense that I wasn't pregnant, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Aurora. I wasn't wondering if my contractions were close enough to go to the hospital. I wasn't wondering what she was going to look like. I wasn't wondering if Feb. 24th was the day that my life was forever going to change. I wasn't wondering if I had another week to go.

It was a good boring day from that perspective :) And I am so happy it was. Though I didn't feel "ready" when Aurora came on Januray 30, everything has worked out great and I have no complaints.

I know I've been a bit of a blog slacker lately - I've had my hands full (literally) :) but I wanted to share a few pictures. Also - teaser for a future post - I got the baby announcements in the mail today - funny story... Check back :) But in the meantime, my advertisement for Saguaro Shadows Photography :) (http://www.saguaroshadowsphoto.com/):



2 comments:

  1. What a surprise she was! I'm glad you didn't have to anxiously await her arrival! She is growing so fast; I can't believe it's been 3 1/2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so cute!

    I am jealous about the not having to anxiously wait! I have to say it is pretty frustrating, especially being late!!!!

    Oh! announcements! I have completely spaced those! And, come to think of it, still have yet to finish thank you cards. Oh man! You are not the only slacker, so don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete