Thursday, February 17, 2011

That's What You Get...



I know I have mentioned before that Aurora hates baths. Is there a stronger word than hate? Despise? Whatever it is - that's how she feels about baths. Consequently, that's how I feel about giving her baths. It is torture. And today was no exception. She screamed her head off again. You'd think I was doing something horrible to her. But she seriously stops screaming the second she's done with the bath. I don't understand it. I keep hoping it is going to get better, but so far the last 3 there has been no improvement. Really, it got a little bit worse today. I got her undressed at her changing table and wrapped her in a blanket to carry her to the kitchen where she's been getting her baths. It's like, 10 steps maybe between the two. Well, in that 10 steps she decided to pee ALL over me. We aren't talking a little tinkle. We are talking I had to completely change my clothes peed everywhere. So that was her little gift to me. It's like she knew the bath was coming and said, "here, this is what you get."

Fun stuff.

She's been awake more and more it seems. We've been having "tummy time" every day and she seems to really like it. Her neck seems pretty strong so far which makes me happy because then I don't feel like I am going to break her. Here is a picture from tummy time with her lifting her head:



I feel like she is growing fast. I think she gets more pudgy every day. It's adorable! I love little rolls on babies :) She has a doctor appointment tomorrow so we will see how big she's gotten in the last week...

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how big she has gotten! :) I love her tummy time pic! Now if only I can get Nikolai to not scream while on his tummy! :)

    Maybe for bath time (I hate giving advise, because sometimes it's like, what?!?) But you could try doing it in the tub, and having her in there with you. Like sit down and place her in your lap, that way she is close to you... I don't know. I hope though, that it gets better for you!

    Ah, parent initiation right #3! Being peed on, congratulations Mommy! But seriously, I am sorry! It's always a bummer to have to change your clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need something else to try, Logan started liking baths once we steamed up the bathroom and made it really warm in there for him, put his bath on our counter (we have a big one!) for him to look in the mirror. I have also heard of throwing the towel in the dryer for a little so it's even warmer when they get out. Of course sometimes it just takes time! Sorry you got peed on, I guess girls are just as bad at boys with that ;) Love her cute little pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - I will have to try your suggestions. I'll do anything right now - It's awful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fond memories you two are building :) I love hearing about it! Hopefully she'll change her mind about bath time soon. Looking forward to loving on her soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh we also put the warm wet wash cloth on his head when we are washing his body, and then on his body when we wash his head.

    ReplyDelete