Monday, February 14, 2011

My Overachiever



Well, as you all know Aurora is a bit of an overachiever :) Coming 3 1/2 weeks early - that's a go getter! I'm such a Mom already - listen to me brag :) But we have a new category to add to that list of which she goes above and beyond - On Thursday she had her weight check appointment. The doctor wanted her to be 5lb 6oz. She was 5lb 12oz!!!!!! Our little rolly polly! She is definitely getting enough to eat - I no longer have to worry about that!

Other random little updates (partly for myself, because if I don't write them down I will forget and they are things I want to keep track of)- Thursday she also discovered how to pull my hair. She hasn't make it a habit, but she definitely grabs for it sometimes.

She absolutely HATES baths. She's had 4 now and though the screaming has decreased each time, she still vocalizes extrememly well.

She also hates having her diaper changed. I don't understand it - she had her little foot poked and blood drawn for her second genetic screening test and didn't make a peep - but a diaper change - that's something to scream about.

Her umbilical cord fell off Wednesday - yea!!!!! That was a little icky not to mention annoying when it came to diapers.

She has started to scoot. We've had tummy time each day this week and if you put your hands by her feet she will push off of them and scoot herself along the floor. She loves it. We don't let her do it too much because I'm afraid that she's going to wear the skin off her face :) But she really enjoys moving around.

She's still not a great sleeper. Every night is different. And the daytime is no indication of what the night is going to be. I typically think that if she's been awake all day she will sleep well. Definitely not the case. She's totally undpredictable :) Fun stuff :)

2 comments:

  1. No one likes a cold, wet cloth on their warm, bare butt! Take it from me, even adults don't like their butt wiped! haha I am surprised that she still doesn't like bath time though, most kids love it. But all children are unique :) Hopefully she'll get into a better sleeping routine in the next couple weeks, I hear any routine (even every 2-3 hours) is better than no routine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the forehead! I love it when they do that with their eyebrows! So cute!

    Good Job Mommy! Hurray for baby gaining weight! :)

    Nikolai still doesn't like baths so much. He likes them best when Brandon gets in the tub with him and holds him while he gets bathed. Otherwise he gets vocal too. Or maybe it is just me giving him a bath?

    Nikolai didn't like his diaper changed that first couple weeks. We figured it was the cold wipes that he didn't like, but now I think it is more just getting used to it. I hope she starts to either not mind them or just gets used to them soon! :) And hurray for the cord falling off! Isn't it just gross? Brandon asked me if we should keep the stump... Ewww!

    I love the scooting they do! They try so hard and don't get too far! I tell Nikolai, "work on your head first, that will make it easier to move!" LOL!

    Babies are so hard to get to sleep at night, mostly. I used to feed Nikolai right before bed so he got groggy enough to sleep. But that only works for some babies. I hear I am lucky that Nikolai sleeps all night so soon into his little life. Even Meghan's baby girl (8 months now) still isn't sleeping well at night! So it is not an uncommon thing. I have been recommended the book 'Baby Wise'. Our cousin read it and said it helped so much with her little girl (now 18 months), sleeping through the night. I haven't read it except for the description on Barnes and Noble.com and that even helped me a little. I've also been recommended "Happiest Baby on the Block" and "Heading Home With Your Newborn". But I haven't looked at those yet...

    Hope that You are doing well with the healing and everything! Your little girl is looking so cute! Can't wait to see her again! :)

    ReplyDelete