Thursday, March 3, 2011

Evidence of Lack of Sleep



So as promised - my announcement story...

I stressed over Aurora's baby announcements big time. I wanted them to be perfect. I felt like they were her announcement to the world, the first picture a lot of people would see, and I felt so much pressure... That's part of the reason it took me a month to get them done - I just couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do with them.

Well, I finally put something together. Snapfish lets you create multiple cards with different pictures and designs and it was pretty cool to have all the options. I made 12 different announcements and then had Nick pick his favorite (I should have stopped after 1 because he picked the first one that I made).

Even though I read the announcement 50 times and had Nick check it over, when I got them I realized that I had spelled January as "Januray." Oops. Totally overlooked it and now $50 later, I was stuck with 60 announcements that I couldn't use. It was really tempting to just send them out and hope people didn't notice (I did a trial run and it wasn't noticed, but that was one person looking at it quickly - I didn't want to chance that 60 people would overlook it...) So, I had to reprint the words and paste them over the originals. You'll see when you get them. You wouldn't know if I hadn't told you :) But the announcements only look more handmade because I messed up. Yeah, this is what happens when you are running on no sleep.

Speaking of which, for some reason Aurora seems to think 1 AM is play time. I am trying to explain to her that if you aren't in college there is no reason to be up at that time. She's not a very good listener...

3 comments:

  1. Well I thought they were really cute! I liked the combination of handmade/printed :) You would think that snapfish would have some sort of spell check for that kind of stuff! Too funny! Anyway, I think they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I just got it in the mail today! LOL! I was wondering, I was going to look under the paper, but decided not to :)b... I think that is too funy. And tell me about trying to decide the picture! One reason I hadn't done them yet! But I am just a lazy slacker! ;) With good excuse non-the-less...

    ReplyDelete