Saturday, March 19, 2011

6 weeks

So now that Aurora turns 7 weeks tomorrow I am finally getting around to giving the 6 week details/updates. I have been a major blog slacker!!!! Sorry - but again, not so sorry because I've been having fun with Aurora :) So that's a good thing to be taking up my time.

Aurora had her 6 week appointment on Tuesday and holy cow is she getting big! She has caught up to "normal" (not premature) babies and is in the 47th percentile! She weighs 9lb, 13oz!!!! Almost 10lb! She's also grown 3 inches from birth and is now 22 inches. She has outgrown some of her newborn clothes because she's gotten too long. Most of the 0-3month clothes are still too big for her, but at least they are easier to put on - she does not like having things pulled over her head!

She also got her immunizations on Tuesday - that was so sad. She screamed so much. It made me cry :( The nurse did the shots (3) really fast and then left the room quickly which was good so then I was able to cry without her seeing. I couldn't help it - I felt soooooo bad! Fortunately she calmed down really quickly. But she was pretty fussy the rest of the day when she wasn't sleeping it off - kind of a bummer since we took a trip up to Mt. Lemmon that day - not great planning on my part...

6 weeks is also a milestone for me - I went to the doctor and she said everything looks good! So I started soccer again on Sunday (I am happy to say I scored a goal the first game back) and was super exhausted afterwards. And I went back to work Monday. For my last day of work. It was bittersweet. I cleared out my desk and took care of all the paperwork - it took WAY longer than I had expected! It's kind of funny - they call leaving the company "separation." Weird. It was nice to get that taken care of, but sad to say good-bye to everyone. I worked with a lot of really awesome people. Part of me will miss it, but I know that I am making the right decision - it was the hardest thing to be away from Aurora all day!!!!!

Believe it or not Aurora is getting on a more normal schedule. There are some variations - like whether she decides nighttime is over at 3:30AM or 5:00AM, but it seems to be slowly getting better. I threw out all my "philosophies" - I'm no Aristotle. I'm back to the "let her do what she wants" - so far it seems to work best.

I am happy to say that Aurora rolled over for me 2 days after she rolled over for Nick. And hasn't done it since. She's a funny girl - maybe she knew I was sad about it. But we have been practicing rolling over, scooting, and sitting up. And she has been "talking" so much!!!! She's making all sorts of adorable sounds and smiling a lot more - it is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, so fun that she rolled over for you! And hurray for your soccer goal! :)

    You're officially a stay-at-home mom now? Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immunizations are never fun :( Congratulations on your goal! I'm glad you're able to go back to soccer, I know you've been missing it a ton! I'm glad Aurora is finally settling into a little bit of a schedule, that always helps (with everything!). It's nice to hear that things are going well! I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete