Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Sense of Entitlement


Ok, I am super excited, but disappointed at the same time. It is VERY selfish of me to be even the slightest bit disappointed, but hopefully some of you understand where I'm coming from...

Last week was ROUGH. I got up every single time Aurora needed to be fed without help. The whole week. I was exhausted. Finally Saturday night rolled around and since Nick didn't have to get up to work the next day, he handled the 2AM bright-eyed baby.

And she rolled over.

While I was finally getting more than 1 hour of sleep, she rolled over.

So yea!!!!!!!!!!! I know its very exciting! It was apparently from her tummy to her back. Nick said it looked like it was an accident and she was surprised by it. But she did it.

She rolled over and I missed it. So I'm happy, but also very sad and really don't think its fair that I missed it. The ONE TIME I don't get up - and that's not even entirely true - because I had gotten up to feed her and change her - I just didn't stay up with her this time.

So that's our excitement for now. Other than that we have just been going about the daily routine, though there's nothing routine about it - every day is different and every night is different. It would be nice to get on some kind of schedule. The only schedule she seems to be on is "do whatever is least convienent." When we first brought her home from the hospital my philosophy was to keep her awake during the day so she would sleep at night. That didn't seem to work so I decided to let her do what she wanted, but that is DEFINITELY not working for me. So we are on day 1 of me trying to keep her awake during the day again. So we will see if that helps. But I'm sure in another week I'll change my mind again.

Another little side note - bath time is now FUN. We became bath buddies thanks to the suggestion from Jess - my Mom had said that worked when I was a baby. So I tried it and now she actually likes the water. It's pretty cute and I am so happy that she doesn't scream anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that bath time is now fun! I'm glad to hear it worked out for you! :)

    She rolled over! Wow! So early! Even if it was by accident, the point is she did it! Now if she can get that little synapse connected so she can do it again for her Mommy! :)

    She looks like she is growing so big so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! It's a bummer that you missed out on her rolling over, but she'll do it plenty more times! Plus, she'll do something awesome one day while Nick is at work and then you can tell him all about it!

    Bath time sounds like it's fun and productive! And now you don't have to find extra time to shower :)

    ReplyDelete