Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sugar!!!!

Know how when you can't have something you really want it? Yeah - deprivation is the worst. And it was totally self inflicted. I had my glucose screening yesterday and the doctor had said to avoid super sugary foods the day of because it could affect the test results. Well I really didn't want to retake that since I've heard how awful the test is, so I decided that Monday AND Sunday I wouldn't have sugar and try to avoid carbs as much as possible too. So all I wanted was sugar!!!!! In particular - I really wanted Mimi's Cafe's Buttermilk Spice Muffins. Which oh by the way I found a recipe for on-line and I am so going to make those tonight! But it was a very rough 2 days with no sugar.

The upside is that the glucose test was a piece of cake. I was horrified of having to drink the super sugary drink quickly - I'd heard it was syrupy and people gagged on it and that sort of thing. But it was just like drinking fruit punch soda. I had no problem and actually it was kind of yummy. I had to sit there for an hour and then have my blood drawn which wasn't wonderful, but at least the part I was dreading turned out to be OK. I won't get the results until Monday due to the holiday, but that's fine. If it comes back bad I don't want to know before Thanksgiving anyway :)

The rest of the doctor appointment was pretty routine. Baby's heartbeat is 154. She was not super cooperative about holding still for that though - it was pretty cute. I think its the cold jelly they put on my tummy... The doctor measured my uterus and said that was good and I found out that baby is a little piggie! She has grown a lot since the last appointment - apparently my weight gain this past month was a little higher than expected, but the doctor said that it is all baby and she just had a little growth spurt. Hopefully she doesn't keep this trend up - I'd like a normal sized baby when I have to deliver :)

So, that's the latest. Everything is going well and baby is definitely growing!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fruit punch flavor! I heard that is the least worst of all the tests! I had that one too! Much easier that people's stories!

    Glad to hear everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Baby and Mommy are doing well :) Did the sugary fruit punch drink take care of your sugar craving? Or do you need some actual dessert still? I'm sure the results will be fine, but I'm glad you don't find out until after Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete