Monday, November 29, 2010

A Happy Thanksgiving

Wow, there is so much to say since my last post. I will try not to forget anything...

One of the most exciting and entertaining things that happened this past week was that baby got hiccups for the first time on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Well, it was the first time that I was able to tell it was hiccups. And then she got them again Thanksgiving morning and Nick was able to feel them. It's pretty darn cute! She hasn't gotten them again since then as far as I can tell, so I don't know what caused them...

Some not so exciting news is that my glucose test results showed that my glucose was elevated. I'm not really sure how I managed that considering I was super careful to not eat a ton of sugar. So I'm worried that the explanation for it is not good... But that's jumping to conclusions. I really didn't think I had anything to be worried about considering that I don't have any of the "risk factors" that they list for gestational diabetes, but the test on Friday will tell me more. I have to go sit for 3 hours, drink more sugar, and get blood drawn 4 times. Yuck. And to prep for the test, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I have to drink 16 oz of orange juice at 9am and eat 2 pieces of bread at 3pm. Then Thursday night I have to fast from 10pm on. My test is at 8:30 am Friday morning, so I won't get to eat until noon that day. That's hard for a pregnant person. I just hope that the results come back good. I'm way less nervous for this test after the first one - I can handle drinking the sugar, I'm just scared for the results now...

But on a happier note we had a wonderful 4 day weekend. It was the first time ever that I think we got more done than I had hoped for. Usually it is the other way around.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and I ate way too much of course. I am happy to say that I didn't gain any weight though. I was worried :) It was a nice relaxing day and Mom made so much yumminess! It was great! I will say though, I'm starting to get that leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich craving again... We didn't take home leftovers so I'm missing that part...

Friday we bought a car!!!! I know - FINALLY. We have been saying that we needed to get me a mommy car forever and we just kept putting it off because car shopping is torturous. But Nick found a good deal on-line and we called and negotiated a price so we drove to Phoenix, took it for a drive, and bought it! It's a 2009 Nissan Xterra and I LOVE IT.



Since we were up in Phoenix we stopped at Ikea and spent an embarrassing amount of money on bookshelves and other storage. Pretty much every room in our house is undergoing a make-over right now, so we needed some more storage. The one thing we didn't get (that I'd really hoped for) was a dresser for baby's room. We just didn't see anything we liked so we are still on the lookout for that.

On Saturday we were going to put all our Ikea furniture together, but we decided we didn't want to do that without an electric screwdriver. So we bought one of those and since it took 12 hours to charge we decided to paint baby's room instead! The color that I wanted was one that I saw in the pottery barn catalog, but our Ace Hardware doesn't sell the pottery barn colors so we decided to take a chance on one that looked similar. And another first - I LOVED IT! I always have a hard time with paint - it never quite turns out how I expect it too. Sometimes that's OK, but sometimes I have to get a new color. But I always question it the whole time I'm painting. Not this time - it's perfect!!!!!!! I can't wait to finish up her room!

Sunday was Nick's 27th birthday. We went to church, then to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, saw "Due Date" (hilarious!), played some video games, went for a walk, made a yummy dinner (steak and potatoes), and just hung out together. The whole day Nick kept talking about doing productive stuff, but I finally convinced him that it was his birthday and he needed to enjoy it. So he did :) And that meant I was able to too :)

So it was a fun, productive weekend. It's nice to be able to use those 2 words in a sentence together :)

And here's the latest baby bump picture. She is growing fast! Only a few days until the 3rd trimester! And the lighting isn't the greatest, but you can kind of see the color we painted baby's room.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so jealous of your Xterra! I've been wanting one forever, but no need for a mommy mobile here... You'll have to drive me somewhere :)

    I'm so happy you love the baby's room! The lighting makes it look kind of blue, but it's more of a teal, right? I can't wait to see! I'll be praying for your glucose test. Hopefully it'll be good news and you can enjoy the cookie exchange on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! A Mommy Car!!! How awesome! I want a Mazda Tribute so bad, no other car seems to work! Xterra is one of Brandon's favorites (well, new cars anyway! lol)

    Glad you guys had fun for Nick's birthday! Happy late birthday to him from the two of us!

    I will keep my fingers crossed for your glucose test. Hey, at least your iron levels came out fine right? :)

    And you are looking too cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are sweet :)

    The room is definitely teal - I'll post a better picture when we start to get some of the furniture in there.

    And yes - my iron levels were good (hooray!!!) Now I'm off to drink my first of my 16oz. orange juices. At least I like orange juice :)

    ReplyDelete