Sunday, November 7, 2010

So Overwhelmed

Oh my gosh - Babies R Us.

Wow.

I went in there today to start a registry and I didn't even know where to begin. They have a checklist that is supposed to guide you, but I was still so lost in there! I couldn't even register for baby bottles because they had so many different kinds! I don't know which is best! I was totally out of my element - I have no idea what to put on the list! The only thing I knew for sure I wanted was this adorable elephant blanket. Other than that - ugh, I'm waiting for Nick to get home before I go back. I think I put maybe 10 things on the list. It was really just to get it started - I'm going to have to do research or something :)

So that was an exhausting experience. I'm very tired now. That could also be due to my decreasing ability to sleep - I think I kept baby up last night, not the other way around. I got up to pee 4 times!!!! I mean really! This is getting a little ridiculous. But yeah, Babies R Us - I was very unproductive today and now I just want to go take a nap.

But before I say good-bye I wanted to share our Halloween pictures from this year. I was Tinkerbell (a FAT Tinkerbell) and Nick was a "dead knight."



2 comments:

  1. I remember doing our registry. We wound up spending about 2 hours there (if not more)!!! It is so overwhelming and I think half the stuff on the suggested list are not necessary! At least not in the quantities they suggest.

    Isn't it amazing, the # of times to use the bathroom in one night? And the amount of toilet paper that gets used as a result!

    Halloween costumes are cute and scary! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies R Us sounds like so much fun! I would get distracted by all the cute stuff and completely forget to register for anything that I really need. My little sister said to make sure and register for a Moby (or other baby wrap). She loves hers and it allows her to have the baby tied to her, but frees up her hands for vacuuming, shopping, etc. If you're going to breastfeed, I don't think the bottles will be necessary, unless you plan to pump too. I don't know if I'm actually helping, but I try.

    I love that you guys still dress up for Halloween! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete