Tuesday, November 16, 2010

100 Days to Go...

I have been such a blog slacker lately, but I didn't want to miss this milestone - 100 days to go!!!! I'm not sure if that seems like a lot or a little... 3 months sounds better to me :)

Baby is getting HUGE! It was a pretty exciting weekend for me - I had my first stranger awknowledge that I was pregnant! I'm so happy that people can tell that I'm pregnant enough to say something now! I was really done with the fat stage - it lasted way longer than I had expected.

There is not much else to report. It is getting harder to sleep comfortably and the number of pee trips in the middle of the night is pretty ridiculous. I've had heartburn on and off - yesterday was bad but I blame myself - horseradish at lunch and then Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner doesn't help. My latest craving was potato chips (Ruffles) with dip and chinese food. Together - can we say SALT?!?!? I got the chips and dip - no chinese food yet. But I actually think I might be OK without it this time :)

Baby is exploring the space in my tummy now more than ever - she is up and down and side to side. She tends to prefer the right side though. She does something weird where she curls up and chills out there. Its slightly uncomfortable, but pretty darn cute. Less cute is the tendency for her to direct her soccer player kicks to my bladder. It's like she's using it as a trampoline or something. I love when she kicks - I just wish she'd aim a different direction.

I really wanted to post pictures (tummy and house progress)- that's part of the reason it took me so long to blog - I was waiting until I had time to do that. But hopefully later. But as you are all very aware - my picture promises don't always amount to much :( I'll try to be better...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! 100 Days already!!! It's funny, Nikolai liked (and still does) my right side too! Can Nick feel the baby move?
    I'm sorry, but the sleeping doesn't get any better, instead the extra weight just makes it harder to roll over, and the quality just goes downhill...
    But, Yay!!! 100 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick has been able to see and feel her move for a couple weeks so I'm really happy about that - I think it makes it more real to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... Brandon and I were talking about the 'talking to the stomach' and that was the turn around for him (made it easier). He says it made it more real for him... :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ruffles :) Although today I forced myself to eat carrots... anyway, I can't wait to see how the baby's room is coming along and the new color of the "office." I know you're busy and exhausted by the end of the day from the pregnancy, so no rush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of talking to the stomach...nearly every night during the third trimester I would say my prayers before bed to Krystal's belly bump. Our second night after Logan was born, he was crying and couldn't fall asleep. I held him close saying my good night prayers out loud to him, and he just stared at me and slowly fell asleep. I will never forget that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dom that is so adorable!!!!! I think Nick needs to talk to my tummy more. But he always says he doesn't know what to say. I told him to tell her that she was going to be a good soccer player, but he said she might play softball... I didn't think that was very nice :)

    ReplyDelete