Wednesday, October 27, 2010

5 Month Check-Up

It seems weird that I'm 5 months pregnant. I feel like its been forever, but also 5 months seems like a milestone. I only have 4 to go! Well, 17 weeks... So I had my 5 month check up - we listened to baby's heartbeat and the doctor measured my tummy. She said everything looks good! It was a 2 minutes appointment - I had to drive over an hour (there and back) for a 2 minute appointment. Oh, well. I like hearing baby's heartbeat - its so cute! I asked the doctor if it was going to get more comfortable to sit because seriously, it is so awful! My back hurts and my tummy is uncomfortable because I've got all this extra stuff going on up there and it doesn't exactly know where to go when I sit down. I was hoping maybe as baby gets bigger she would pop out and give the rest of my insides some space. But the doctor just said that it would probably only get worse :( Not great considering that I sit most of the day at work... I also asked if I was carrying really low because I feel like she is so low! She makes a habit of kicking my bladder and when I walk she sits right on my bladder (yeah - for anyone planning to travel overseas where they do not have free, accessible potties like they do in the US: 4-5 months pregnant is not the time to make that trip...) Anyway, she said that I'm carrying "normal" - not low, so that was exciting. I didn't really want to carry low - that looks (more) uncomfortable. So I have my next appointment in another 4 weeks - just before Thanksgiving. That's good - I probably want to be weighed before Thanksgiving and not after :) I have to do the glucose testing then - yuck!

That's about it for updates. Baby kicks more and more everyday (I don't know how that is possible), but she is wearing me out :) Nick has felt and seen her kick now, so he knows I'm not making it up. She is an active little girl - I am definitely going to have my work cut out for me. It is sooooo cute though. Every time she kicks it makes all the annoying stuff about pregnancy worth it :)

Well, that is probably my excitement for the week. I was feeling all stressed out that it was a busy week, but I guess it was really only Monday/Tuesday. After the doctor appointment on Monday I went to dinner with Mom, Grandma, Grandpa and Taylor and then went to "Craft Night" with Mom and Grandma at their church. I got A LOT accomplished! I think I made like 10 cards while I was there. I came pretty prepared - it made such a difference! Tuesday Brittany and I celebrated her birthday at Macaroni Grill (yum!!!!) We ordered a dessert and then the waitress brought us ANOTHER one - and who can say no to chocolate cake? So I was feeling very fat and sleepy at Bible Study afterwards. So tonight we actually don't have plans after work which is good. Thursday we are going to some concert - Seventh Day Slumber and KJ-52 - I've never heard of them so we will see :) And then we only have Friday and Saturday before Nick leaves for Dallas for another wind tunnel test :( I hate when he travels, but I'm hoping to get a lot done with the "office"/baby's room while he's gone since he won't be home to distract me and make me unproductive.

3 comments:

  1. Baby's heartbeat is so fun to hear! Short dr appointments are just a drag, but almost everyone is short! Just wait till you enter the third trimester, then it is short appointments every 2 weeks instead of 4! I have no idea about going in every week yet. Eek!
    Try sitting cross-legged when you can, it helps a little bit with pushing the baby forward and not to mention does good stuff to the pelvic region to prepare for delivery! And the pelvic tilts (cow in yoga), It may help a little too, especially when there is no where for baby to go except to sit on the bladder!
    Hope that all goes well with the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to have a love/hate relationship with your blog. Some things (heartbeat, baby kicks) really make me want to have kids and others (constant peeing, uncomfortable to sit, unable to put on socks) make adoption sound like a more feasible option! haha But I guess once you finally hold your baby girl it'll all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Seriously everytime she kicks (which is a lot!) it makes it all seem worth it :) You will totally feel the same way too! (Though I'm all for adoption too) :)

    ReplyDelete