Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Growing Up So Fast



So I am about a week late on all the latest developements (must take note of that for when I finally do Aurora's baby book. Gotta get the dates right!) It seems like Aurora has become such a big girl recently! She is starting to understand so much! She can point to her head, nose, ears, hands and toes. She knows how to "clean" when I ask her to and to hold my hand when I ask. She still isn't saying much in the way of words - she makes LOTS of sounds, but still nothing that I am going to count as words. Other than "Mama." LOVE it when she says that. I get b sounds for ball and blue, and d sounds for dog, but those still aren't words... But she is such a good singer - she sings "lalalalalalala."

Her dancing has recently consisted of head banging. She is super in to imitating right now, but I'm pretty sure she didn't pick that one up from me. I'm a bad dancer, but not that bad :) She also loves sharing food. That's pretty much OK now since she eats a lot of food that we eat, but she likes to share stuff that's already been in her mouth. I've eaten a lot of soggy pretzels :(

Her 5th tooth has emerged! (02-21-2012) Her top, center right one is poking through. So much for the fangs - I will miss those!!!!

We have started the weaning process and I've gotta say it's not fun. Aurora really doesn't like whole milk. So far I can only get her to drink it at night before she goes to bed and only if it's 1/2 mixed with breast milk. But we are working on it. It's a slow going process, but it will happen someday. Just gotta be patient...

Well, that's it for my little updates :) Here's some more pictures:



2 comments:

  1. I love reading about all the things Aurora is learning and doing! It also scares me because I know Jared is right behind her and I don't want him to grow up that fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've learned that Nikolai will drink whole milk as long as it is warm. he used to only do it if it was mixed with breast milk, but we slowely cut that out and it worked so well. We just still have to warm it up!

    ReplyDelete