Monday, March 19, 2012

March Updates



The cutest thing happened this morning. Aurora was in her high chair eating breakfast and Nick walked out to the garage and Aurora turned and waved and said "bye bye." SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. He wasn't leaving yet, but she knows that's where he goes when he does. She's been waving bye bye for a while, but this was the first time she actually said it. I am going to count this as her 5th official word. She says Mama, Dada, dog, duck, and now bye bye. I love it!

Aurora now has 6th teeth - she got her top middle left one poked through (03-10-2012). And I think its funny that it has almost caught up to the other one in the middle. She is going to have a mouthful pretty soon.

We are officially done weaning and I have to say it wasn't nearly as painful as I was expecting it to be. Aurora has no problem drinking cow's milk now - I learned she wants it in a sippie cup and not at meals - any other time is fine. She also prefers chocolate milk :) but fortunately she will drink it plain too. And we managed to give up the 5am morning feeding with only 1 morning of fussing. Now she will sleep 7pm to 7am no problem. She still kind of wakes up in the early morning, but goes right back to sleep.



We have been keeping busy. Aurora loves storytime at the library and we just started a little movers and shakers class with Parks & Rec. She had a blast the first day - she loved racing, "flying" (running with her arms out), and shooting hoops. She still gets to see Grandma Lin every Tuesday when I go to my Mom's class/Bible Study and she now loves shopping because she can pull things off shelves. It is exhausting for me that she won't sit in the cart very long and just wants to walk around and do her own thing. But we manage :)





Also, we now have 3 Mr. Pickles and a baby Mr. Pickles. The orinigal Mr. Pickles is so ratty. He's been washed several times and I don't know that he has much life left in him - so we are ready with replacements :)

2 comments:

  1. She is growing up too fast! I can't believe she's saying all those words! Walking, talking... before you know it she'll be in school! Aaahhh!!! Sorry, I'm just freaked out because Jared is already 5 months old and I know he'd just right behind her. :( I kind of want him to stay a baby forever!!! Anyway, she is absolutely adorable and I am really looking forward to spending Easter with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post more photos ~ especially since I no longer get to see y'all in person. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete