Friday, June 17, 2011

The Official Roll Over

So as many of you may remember, Aurora rolled over a couple of times very early on. I thought that was the start of her moving and rolling all over the place, but it turned out to be a few time thing and that was it. I think she got too fat :) and then it was too much work and she didn't feel like it.

Well, on Wednesday she rolled over for real!!!!!! From her back to tummy. And ever since that is all she wants to do - she has rolled over 6 or more times each day. She usually rolls to her left, but she's rolled to the right a few times. It's pretty cute :) She gets really proud of herself and its nice because now she is spending more time on her tummy. But it doesn't take too long for her to get frustrated and she can't figure out how to roll to her back yet.

It the solid food world she is having a great time with her rice cereal and oatmeal. She eats so much! The doctor said to expect her to eat 1-2 teaspoons, but she gobbles up 2 tablespoons or more most of the time. But why am I surprised really - she's always been a good eater.

Lately Aurora has been blowing rasberries - hilarious! Not so funny when she has a mouth-full of food, but at least the messes haven't been too big yet.

In the battle of wills department - I think we were battling the wrong thing. We tried taking the pacifier away for a week and things only got worse. The screaming at night didn't get better and the daytime was hard because she really likes the pacifier. So we gave the pacifier back and have adjusted her bedtime so she goes to sleep 1/2 hour later and so far it looks like that might be doing the trick... 3 days and she's been a pretty good sleeper...

The past week she has been giggling some. The first time I was blowing rasberries on her neck - she seems to really like that. She's most giggly at night for some reason, but that's good because that's when Nick is home. Tonight I was walking like a sumo wrestler and that got some giggles. It is the cutest thing ever!!!!!

Aurora has discovered her feet and she is trying to figure out how to get them in her mouth. Especially when she is having her diaper changed - she grabs her feet and tries to pull them towards her mouth. I'm sure she will get them in there soon :)

2 comments:

  1. It is so much fun seeing babies grow and develop! I can't wait to see Aurora roll over! Also, I'm glad that bedtime is going better now. Sometimes I feel like parenting is all trail and error and you just have to try stuff until you figure out what the answer is. Which seems totally stressful to me, but I keep praying that God will equip me. Anyway, I can't wait to hear her giggle... I would giggle too if I saw you walking like a sumo wrestler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! rolling over! SHe is now mobile! It wont be long until you will be chasing her over the house!

    ReplyDelete