Sunday, April 14, 2013

29 Weeks. And so behind on updates...


I can't believe a month has flown by since my last post. I can't believe that I'm 29 weeks pregnant already. But I will say ever since I reached the third trimester things seem to be slowing down, but I'm sure that will change soon as the end of April and all of May look to be pretty busy.

So the biggest news is that we have decided on a name. I am sure that most of you know that, but we have decided to name our little boy Jacob Nicholas. I know that I had said that was one name we weren't going to use, but I got my way! Nick wasn't originally sold on it, but I got him! We had a list of names and were crossing out ones we weren't going to use for sure and I came to Jacob and asked if I needed to cross it off and Nick said no, so I told him that I was going to get that name! And once it made the top 5 list I just started calling baby Jake. Nick never corrected me and finally one day he called him Jake so I asked if I could make it official and he said yes! Yay! The middle name was easy :)

It is really nice to have a name picked out, especially for Aurora because for the longest time she was calling him Isaac since that is her cousin's name. Speaking of which, the little cutie pie was 2.5 weeks early and born March 13. I am super excited to be an aunt to the cutest little guy!!!!

 
 
Cheryl also had her sweet little girl Briella a week early on March 6. I don't have a great picture of Briella, but here is the happy little family.

 
It was an extremely busy week between 2 babies being born and then in the middle of it all, Nick had emergency surgery to remove his appendix. It amazingly only took him a week to recover and is feeling great now, but the initial pain and time in the ER was pretty rough.
 
In pregnancy updates there is a lot to talk about. I haven't taken a picture recently and I know I have been really bad about posting bump pics, but part of the problem is that I haven't wanted to. I look the same as I did with Aurora. FAT. I'm roly poly all over and pretty unhappy about it. Nick says I'm complaining a lot this pregnancy and that I didn't do that as much with Aurora. But with Aurora I kept thinking I was going to feel beautiful and glowing and all that crap. The reality is that I'm not. I'm just going to feel fat the whole time and my illusions of feeling otherwise are gone since I've already done this once. Oh well, 11 weeks to go. 8.5 if Jake takes after his big sis :)
 
Jake is a serious mover. I don't think he ever holds still. It is so funny. It is the one thing about pregnancy that I love. It is so cute and I just wonder what he's doing it there :)
 
My back is killing me. I remember it hurting with Aurora, but not like this. But with Aurora I sat at a desk all day. Now I'm chasing and carrying a toddler around. It's getting to the point where I almost have to lay down during her nap time otherwise I won't be able to walk the rest of the day. I just hope it doesn't get worse. It doesn't help that Nick has been travelling a ton. He's been gone for 5 of the last 8 weeks and he isn't done... I told him he's going on the no fly list middle of May. I'm not taking any chances this time. Flagstaff is one thing, DC is another - I don't think he'd make it in time.
 
I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks. Jake had some fluid on his kidneys at 21 weeks and they wanted to check that and they wanted to look at the cyst on my ovary. Good news is Jake looks perfect! No more fluid and everything else looks healthy! Bad news is the cyst on my ovary continues to grow. It so far has not affected the pregnancy and it is not expected to, but it is something that we are going to continue to watch. It will have to be surgically removed at some point. My doctor said that I could schedule a C-section now and they could take care of everything at once, but she didn't see any reason why I couldn't have a normal delivery. So that is still the plan and then sometime a few weeks after delivery I will have surgery to remove the cyst. Or whatever it is. It has been called different things and there doesn't seem to be agreement on what it is (between 3 different doctors), the only thing they do seem to agree on is that it is benign. I am scheduled to see an oncologist in May, but I am assured that this is just a formality and there is no reason to think that it's cancerous. The main concern at this point is that the cyst could twist and I could lose the ovary. I said I didn't care - we only want 2 kids :) but they said that it would be very painful (yuck) and that I want that ovary for hormonal/health reasons as I age. I am supposed to "take it easy" (HA!) and not do any twisting or heavy lifting. Yeah, I have a 2 year old. I am trying to be aware of it and not be stupid, but there's only so much I can do. I am just trying to stay positive. It's not the worst thing and it sounds like it is something that can be taken care of and most importantly it shouldn't (and hasn't so far) affect Jake.
 
I also failed my one hour glucose test. I did with Aurora too. So I am scheduled for the 3 hour on Monday (which came back normal when I did it with Aurora.) I'm not worried since my levels were only slightly elevated and honestly at this point - there are worse things than having to sit and read a book for 3 hours. Aurora will have fun at Grandma Lin's :) 
 
Aurora is growing and changing so much every day. She says the most hilarious things and is such a little princess. She demands to sleep in a skirt. She will wear her jammies, but needs a skirt too and the first thing she says to me every morning is "Wear pretty dress." For a while she only wanted to wear her Snow White and Rapunzel dresses, but she has since decided that other ones are princess enough too. She is very into shoes, jewelry, having her nails painted, and temporary tattoos.
 
 
 
We are starting potty training next week. I am not really looking forward to it, but we finally have a week where we don't have plans every day, so we are going to be stuck in the house, conquering the potty. I am doing this out of necessity - Aurora will not keep her diaper on (especially at nap time!) and I am sick of the messes that result. I had been waiting until I felt like she could make it through nap/night time, but I can't take it anymore. So I am hoping we can do big girl underwear during the day, pull-ups for sleep and hopefully we won't have to do pull-ups for long. I am dreading it, but I think I will be so relieved once it is over.
 
We have also ordered a big girl bed for Aurora which should be interesting. Some days she is great about sleeping, other days she plays in her crib for an hour before I decide she isn't going to nap... So I have no idea what this is going to mean for her sleep schedule, but we need to get it figured out before Jake comes and time is running out.
 
Wish me luck! The next couple of weeks are going to be challenging as we try to tackle these milestones!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the potty training! I can only imagine with her removing her diaper! We've tried to potty train on 2 separate occassions with no luck! Now, he wants nothing to do with the potty... Maybe we need one his size instead of using the seat...

    Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete