Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birthday. Girl. Boy. BOY!

Like my title? It's a summary of life the past month and I have to say I am excited because so much has happened recently and this post is going to cover it all. So for the next week or so I will be caught up :)

Here's a rundown of what's been going on:

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Aurora is 2 years old! I can’t believe it. I know it’s been coming and we’ve been celebrating all month, but I still can’t believe what a big girl she is. For her first birthday my Mom and I took her to the Tucson Botanical Gardens to see the Butterfly Exhibit and we figured why not make it a tradition as long as we could. So we did that in the morning. Aurora had fun walking around – she was super in to the magnifying glasses at the Butterfly Exhibit. She was funny because she couldn’t make up her mind. First it was more butterflies and then once we were in there she wanted to leave and then once she left she wanted more butterflies. Fun stuff. We went to BJs for lunch and she got her own pazookie. Which I ate most of. But she liked blowing out the candle. We met Nick at Chuck E Cheese for dinner. She loves that place so much! She loves riding the little Merry Go Round and Chuck E car where she gets her picture taken. And pizza is one food that she will actually eat. I think she had a fun birthday.
 
 
Saturday, February 9, 2013

I had the privilege to throw Cheryl’s baby shower. Pink and gray owl themed. Fun stuff. I think the pictures do it most justice. It was fun to meet some of Cheryl’s friends and see others I hadn’t seen in a while. Baby Briella is due 3/13 - next week already! I can't wait to meet her.
 
 

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I had the privilege to throw Megan’s baby shower. (Yes, 2 baby showers within a week. I don't know what I was thinking, but really it's their fault for both having March due dates.) I will say that I could not have done it without my Mom and Grandma. I am so incredibly blessed to have two such amazing and caring women in my life. They helped make food even came over one day to watch Aurora so I could get some decorating done. They are awesome and I don't think I could thank them enough. 
 
Again it was fun to hang out and spend some time with family. I have to say I am so excited to be an Aunt! I can’t wait to meet my little nephew!!!!!!! I feel like I know his personality already just because I know Sean and Megan, but we will see. He could be totally different than I expect.
 
Baby Isaac is due 3/29 and I did a robot theme for the shower. I am so excited with the way the robot cake pops turned out. They took forever, but I think they were totally worth it. I was really lucky too that Brittany had just thrown Jared's 1 yr. party in October and she gave me all her leftover "hardware." :) She supplied me with all the paper goods and the cute metal little robots in the pics are ones she made - way to creative. And she let me borrow her Robot Party cartridge. I have awesome friends :)
 
 
 
 
 
Then in Baby news. If you haven't heard: We are having a boy!!!!! We did a little cake for fun. Mint chocolate chip if it was a boy, strawberry ice cream if it was a girl. The cake was frosted with white and was very neutral so we had no idea what we were having until we cut it. It was a fun way to find out.
 
 
Baby is a MOVER! This kid does not hold still. Nick has already felt this baby move more than he ever felt Aurora. The first time he felt him was when we were at Disney World (around 18 weeks). I have been feeling baby move since 13 weeks. But I think I felt this one earlier since I knew what to expect.

We have not picked a name yet. We probably have out top 5. The problem is we really don’t agree on boy names at all. Nick wants to name the baby Scott. I want to name him Jacob. Neither one of us is going to get our way, so I can tell you what 2 names it won’t be. Aurora has an opinion too. When we ask her what we should name the baby she says Thomas. And when we ask her if she likes other names she says no. She likes Thomas. (Thank you Thomas the Train…) Although - Sean and Megan will be happy to know that Aurora has said we should name him Isaac a couple of times. But that’s it. Isaac and Thomas.

As far as nursery colors I have a couple ideas in mind, but nothing settled on. I know that I want some form of gray in there and I know that I want some chevron pattern. That’s about it. I love pinterest right now - there are a ton of amazing ideas on there. So addicted.

Those are the updates. I’m happy to be caught up for now and life to have calmed down to an extent. For the next week or so. Until we start welcoming the new babies :) (Come on Briella and Isaac!)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Brenda. Get used to that moving - they move a lot in utero and are CONSTANT movers from then on out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was afraid of! I didn't think a kid could move more than Aurora, but I think this one is going to keep me on my toes. Just hopefully boys are less dramatic than girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome party thrower! They are beautiful every time! :)

    In my experience with nieces, girls are way MORE dramatic than boys. Of course after dealing with a neice that screamed for a good 45 minutes, I guess on would think that! But boys do have drama! Just their own kind! :)

    I am loving chevron too, gray with purple and tree frog green!

    That gender reveal picture is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete