Thursday, January 24, 2013

Candyland

Aurora’s 2nd birthday party. January 19, 2013.

 
I know that I say this every time, but I cannot believe how fast time flies. I know that everyone tells you it will. And I knew it would. But I still don’t feel that I was prepared for my little baby to be 2. But she is (almost). Actual birthday January 30, but we did the party a little earlier this year because it is going to be a very eventful year. Usually things slow down after Christmas, but not anymore now that Aurora has a birthday in January and this year I am throwing 2 baby showers in February, becoming an Aunt in March, and making Aurora a big sister in June. It’s going to be crazy. LOTS to look forward to.

I had a really hard time deciding on the theme for Aurora’s party this year. I got off easy last year getting to choose what I wanted, but this year was tough because I wanted to do something she would be excited about. First thought was Dora (dora dora splor as Aurora calls her). But I cringed at the thought of buying all the decorations and couldn’t see where I could be real creative with it. (However, after doing this party I may reconsider a completely store bought party next year. Being creative takes time!) Next thought was Disney. I could handle that… Then Christmas came and Aurora fell in love with Frosty. Yes! Winter Wonderland! But Nick vetoed the idea. I don’t know why I let him – I think it would have been adorable. But then while we were talking about it we were playing Candyland and Aurora kept demanding lollipops. She LOVES lollipops. And I looked at the board and saw all the pretty colors and I was sold!

I think the party was a success. The kids seemed to have fun – they decorated gingerbread houses (and ate more of the candy that they put on…) And they ran around like crazy. The boys were really into the Candyland pathway that we put out and kept driving cars on it. Not the girls – just the boys. Kind of funny. They played outside with the bubbles and thank goodness none of them fell into the pond. They were trying so hard! And I thought for sure one of them would barf from all the candy/sweets, but none did. At least not at our house. Sorry to any of the parents if that was your fate...

 
So I was really happy with the way it turned out. Most importantly Aurora had a good time and she got her lollipop!
 

2 comments:

  1. It was super cute! I didn't even think about the pathway. It was all the boys driving the cars on it! That is too funny.

    No barfing here! We were pretty good about limiting Nikolai's candy intake. :)

    The decorations were super cute! I don't know how you did all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete