Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Almost September already?!?!?

Wow - I can't believe how fast August went and that next week is September already! Which means Aurora will be 7 months already! Time really does fly.

So I have been such a major blog slacker and this is going to be a very long post. I don't blame you if you skip all the words and just look at the pictures :) But I need to write this stuff somewhere otherwise I will forget it!

I know I mentioned that the last weekend in July/first weekend in August we went to the White Mountains, well now I have some cute pictures from the trip:





She really LOVES hiking...



And Aurora discovered Tesla - she LOVES her, but she needs to learn to be gentle - she pulls on Tesla's fur and ears pretty hard



Aurora had her 6 month check-up on the 9th. She weighed 17lbs, 12 oz. And she was 27 1/4 inches long. She was in the lower 90-percentile for both height and weight - the doctor says she's a big girl :) But she still has a little bitty head :) She got another round of shots - poor thing :( and she had to get a prescription for powder for her neck because she has a rash from drooling so much :( I've been using the powder and I guess the rash is getting better, but she drools like a faucet! I have to change her shirt at least 3 times a day. But still no teeth...

Otherwise the appointment went well. Developmentally she is good. No other exciting news. She's chowing down on everything we give her to eat. She loves apple juice, but doesn't really know what to do with grape juice. And she actually doesn't really like the turkey or avocado that we've tried to give her, but I think it's a texture thing. Eventually maybe she will like it.

Her sleeping continues to be terrible, although a miracle did occur last night - she slept all the way through from 8:00 to 5:30. Screamed her head off when Nick was putting her to sleep, but slept all the way through - the first night since she was 4 months old. So that was exciting, but I'm sure it was a fluke. Everything about sleeping seems to be difficult with her. She doesn't nap and she doesn't like to sleep for more than an hour at a time at night, and now she doesn't even want to go to sleep. It used to be we could get her to fall asleep but just couldn't keep her asleep - now we can't get her to go to sleep. She just wants to play with me and she screams at Nick. Fun stuff. But Nick at least can get her to sleep after 10-15 minutes. It takes me an hour... Nick is supposed to go on travel this week and I don't know what I am going to do about bed time...

But on to a happier subject - she is sitting up very well all by herself and loves to play like that. She grabs everything! A favorite of hers is my hair. I want to shave it off, seriously! It hurts and she is constantly hanging on to it no matter how well I think I have it out of the way. I'm trying to teach her "no" but have been very unsuccessful so far. She's rolling over everywhere, but not crawling yet. She does get on her tummy and lift her arms and legs and wave them furiously like she's swimming. I think she thinks that will make her go somewhere :) And she has gotten up on her knees a few times, but it hasn't resulted in her moving forward. She actually shoots backwards pretty good, just not forward.



Nick and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on the 6th. I made weird looking heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and we just kind of spent the day hanging out. Then my entire family :) babysat Aurora and Nick and I had a nice relaxing evening to ourselves.

The second weekend in August I threw a baby shower for Brittany who is expecting baby Jared November 1st. She is about as pregnant as Aurora is old :) So about 7 months now! I did a jungle theme for the shower and I had a good time - I hope everyone else did :)



Aurora in her party dress...



So I guess it doesn't sound like August has been that eventful, but it was kind of a lot of little stuff in the middle that made life busy too. That and someone never napping really kind of prevented me from getting stuff done :) But I'm caught up with the blogging now. Hope it wasn't too boring :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! I was beginning to think you fell off the face of the earth! ;) The shower was amazing! So much fun, I know it must have taken up all your "free" time and I just hope you know how much I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pictures!

    So far Nikolai likes everything we've fed him. But not quite sure what to do with the sippy cup... I am not sure what he thinks of apple or grape juice yet...

    Talking about sleeping, this boy is not napping today... And he is telling me how frustrated he is about that too... I hope that gets easier for you!

    ReplyDelete