Monday, April 25, 2011

Set 'n Go

When I was younger I had soccer coaches that used to always yell during games, "set 'n go, set 'n go!" They meant trap the ball, control it, and GO! Don't putz around trying to decide what you are going to do. Don't play with it - set 'n go.

Well, last night I kept thinking that. Aurora woke up at 3am to eat. She's been a pretty good sleeper lately. 5:30am is wake up time and she tends to wake up at either 1am or 3am to eat, but goes right back to sleep when she does. So I really can't complain. But last night after she ate I put her in her crib and she woke up a little, but as I swaddled her she started to drift to sleep. Then I rubbed her tummy a little (I putzed...) and was just about to leave, when she opened her eyes and realized, "MOMMY!" and got the biggest smile and decided she wanted to play. It was sooooooo adorable. She was smiling and making the cutest sounds and I really didn't even care that she woke up so much because it was so cute. But I just kept thinking in the future, I need to set 'n go if I don't want to risk waking her up in the middle of the night :)

Aurora had a very happy first Easter. She was fairly well behaved in church, she made it through communion, so we just missed the last few minutes. In the future I think we are going to stick with cry-rooms though - it is stressful hoping she doesn't make noise the whole time and trying to keep her happy. Aunt Jan, Uncle Nick, Bryan, and Darryl were in town for the weekend and she had a lot of fun with them. Aurora has a lot of people that care about her - she is definitely going to think the world revolves around her for a while ('cause so far it does...)

I've started to notice some funny mommy habits that I'm developing. Like that I'm so used to bouncing her that I bounce when I'm standing up and not holding her. I realized that when I was on the phone the other day - she was playing on her mat and I was like, "what am I bouncing for?!?!?" It was pretty funny.

Nick and I took Aurora out to dinner for the first time last week. It wasn't the first time she's been to a restaurant - she's been to the Good Egg and Village Inn with Mom and I during the day, but this was the first dinner experience. It was AWFUL, but it had nothing to do with her. The problem was we didn't leave until 7pm so I was starving, then it took us an hour to get there because Houghton was closed (should have only taken 30 minutes) and when we got to Buffalo Wild Wings - they were closed!!!!! For this week only for remodeling - ugh!!!!! So we ended up going to Texas Roadhouse which was super yummy, but by the time we got our food it was almost 9pm. No fun. Aurora was an angel - she slept the whole time. But once we got home she wanted to stay up and didn't go to sleep until almost midnight, so it was a pretty long night. Not the greatest experience... But we went to Nimbus on Saturday to celebrate Sean & Bryan's 25th birthdays and she was perfect then too - at 5pm, so it's looking like this going out to dinner thing may be do-able :)

Well, she is waking up from her nap, so I guess that's it for updates for now :)

2 comments:

  1. At least Aurora isn't being cranky around food! She's such a sweet little girl! Can't wait to show her pictures of her new best friend ;)

    ReplyDelete