Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Nemesis: The Grocery Store

I am developing quite a love/hate relationship with the grocery store these days.

I love the grocery store because it enabled me to get my leftover-Thanksgiving-turkey sandwich without having to bake an entire turkey. It basically sells everything - whatever my heart desires I can go to the grocery store and get it or get the ingredients to make it. It's wonderful! I can stop by on the way home and its like a genie - my wishes are granted.

I hate the grocery store because it is starting to take advantage of me. Know how they always say don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry? Well, I'm discovering now - don't go grocery shopping when you are pregnant! I am going to spend all our money there! I have no will power and no resistance to impulse buys whatsoever. Last night I went in thinking that I was just getting milk and sandwich meat for Nick. NOPE! I decided I wanted to make chicken scallopine for dinner so I had to get all those ingredients, the caprese that we had over the weekend was amazing so I wanted to make that, I discovered goat cheese can be made with pasteurized milk so I wanted make something that used that, and I just kept throwing things in the cart - whatever looked yummy.

And this wouldn't be such a problem if I would eat it all, but I don't. Something looks/sounds good one day and the next day it is the grossest thing ever. Do you want to know how many turkey sandwiches I had after that I-can't-stand-it craving? 2. Nick ate more than I did! But after 2, that was the grossest thing ever. It's like last week I was in the bakery isle and I saw madeleines. They were like $2 a cookie, but I HAD to have them. I got 7 cookies and ate 1/2 of one.

I'm telling you, I have food issues right now... They should have therapy for this kind of thing.

Oh wait, its called chocolate...

6 comments:

  1. hahaha I love it! Maybe you should limit yourself to one craving at a time, that way you can eat it that night and don't have to worry about whether or not you'll still want it the next day! Or just indulge yourself, whatever makes you happy! Anyway, let me know when you're craving a pazookie and I'll meet you at BJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I don't have to be pregnant to crave pazookies! I think that is one thing I will never get sick of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many things Krystal bought and only ate one of, with the rest left to me. Hilarious ;-) Pregnant women are crazy! I wish men had a 9-month period where their behavior was completely excusable, but then again men don't give birth so I'm cool with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha it's nice to know I am not the only one who felt this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was about a month ago, Peaches were on sale and smelled sooo good! I took one bite and the skin was enough to make me run to the bathroom! And it doesn't get any better! Just remember that second one your eating for doesn't need a whole second meal too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should've taken some of those madeleines home with me - if I'd only known....

    ReplyDelete