Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's Official

It's official - WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!! I have to say that we are having a baby because Nick doesn't like the expression "we're pregnant." He says that I am pregnant - WE are having a baby. Just in case that statement ever confused anyone else :)

So now we are FINALLY able to tell everyone and it is super exciting. Nick wanted to wait until we had the first ultrasound, that has happened, so now we can share the good news!!!!!

So I really debated about whether or not to do a blog. After my scrapbooking blog fiasco and realizing that blogging was really not my thing the idea just really did not appeal to me. But, as I am a scrapbooker/memory saver, I decided that the blog might be a good way to record things. I figure if people are interested they can read it, if not it will still be nice to have in the end :) And I figure it is a good way to share info without calling a million people.

So to answer the usual questions and hopefully get everyone up to speed:

1) Due Date: February 24, 2011. That puts me at 9 weeks right now for those of you that don't feel like doing the math (and I don't blame you)
2) Yes, we are going to find out if it is a boy or girl. Neither of us are patient enough to wait the 9 months. We should find out in early October.
3) There is only one baby in there. I say that because the doctor could tell from the ultrasound that I ovulated twice - we could have had twins!!!!!! (yikes!)
4) We heard the baby's heartbeat already!!!! It almost made me cry - it was so cute! 133 beats/minute - wow!
5) And of course, Symptoms:
Fatigue like you would not believe. I am sooooooo tired. Usually if I get home before Nick I try to do productive things around the house but ever since we've had a baby on board Nick comes home to find me vegged out on the couch. He thinks it is hilarious because I'm always giving him a hard time for being tired, yes - now the tables have turned.

My boobs are killing me. I'm sure everyone wanted to know that but seriously - ouch. So any congratulations hugs - please be gentle :)

I have not barfed yet - isn't that exciting!!!!!????!!!!! That doesn't mean that I haven't had my share of days where I've felt awful. Most of the time I find that food makes it worse. Usually I'm OK by dinner. Some days I feel totally fine. It comes and goes. It's not as bad as I thought it would be - I really can't complain about this part too much - I know it could be worse. But I am having a hard time eating certain things that I used to love. Especially vegetables. They make me want to barf.

The first few weeks I thought I was craving Big Macs. I say "thought" because I had NO IDEA what a craving was until recently. I was craving a turkey sandwich (left-over Thanksgiving turkey sandwich) like you would not believe. I have never felt that way about food before, it was like I HAD to have it. So I went to the grocery store and fortunately they sell pre-cooked Thanksgiving turkeys. I had to carve it up, but at least I got my sandwich. I don't know what I would have done if they didn't sell that at the grocery store. Seriously... I really hope that doesn't happen again. I was obsessed! I couldn't think about anything but that until I was able to eat it... You know the movies where they make fun of pregnant women's cravings - yeah - that's for real!

So far it has been quite an experience, and I know we have much more excitement ahead. Speaking of excitement, here are the first ultrasound pictures taken at 7 weeks. The baby was the size of a blueberry (but I'm calling it a mini marshmallow).




4 comments:

  1. OMG Brenda, you are tooooo cute. I love the blog!!
    So excited for you and Nick. Congrats. Here are my gentle hugs...XOXOXOXOXOX

    Martee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again! I'm so excited for you 3 :) I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of pregnancy! Oh, and "Teeny Cicchini" is adorable!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the mini marshmallow! So excited for you both and can't wait until February...actually I can't wait until October to find out if it's a boy or girl! Enjoy this time and all the sleeping while you can, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Brandon says the same thing! I am pregnant, not we. And according to him I am having the baby because I am the one birthing it. LOL. But he likes the "we are having a baby" better. Isn't funny the minds of the male?

    ReplyDelete