Friday, February 15, 2013

Just for Fun...

Less than 24 hours to cast your vote! We had our ultrasound today and I am proud to say that Nick and I did not cheat! We dropped our envelope off at Cold Stone and they are making our cake. We find out tomorrow if we are having a boy or girl!

Now, I did all the old wives tales with Aurora and I wanted to do it again for this one. They were wrong with Aurora, but I thought it's still fun :) Enjoy!

1) Are you carrying high (girl) or low (boy)? I'm going with high since I'm carrying the same as I did with Aurora... GIRL

2) Hold a gold ring from a string over your tummy to see which way it swings (back and forth for a boy, circular motion for a girl): Don't have the patience for this...

3) If the hair on your legs grows faster its a boy, slower girl: It's the same I think...

4) Salty cravings = boy, sweet = girl: BOY

5) Pee bright colored = boy, light colored = girl: BOY. But I know all this is based on is how much water I drink and I know I'm not getting enough...

6) Pee mixed with Draino (bluish yellow, brownish, brown, black or blue = boy) (greenish brown, green, or doesn't change at all = girl): so not going to try this - sorry to disappoint everyone

7) Fetal heart rate above 140 = girl: Last check was 168, GIRL

8) Nick's weight gain (if any = girl): BOY

9) Round face for me = girl: GIRL

10) Larger left boob = girl, larger right boob = boy: BOY

11) Acne=girl: BOY

12) In a study, mom's guessed right 71% of the time. What do I think? I really have no idea... But if I had to guess I would say GIRL

13) Moody = girl: GIRL

14) Can't tell I'm pregnant from behind = boy: GIRL

15) Chinese calendar method: I didn't check this time...

16) Age at conception = 28, month of conception = 9. If they are both even or odd, its a girl: One even, the other odd = BOY

17) Ask the mom-to-be to pick a number. Match the number with the corresponding letter of the alphabet (A=1, B=2 etc). Then ask her to choose a name beginning with that letter. If she chooses a boys name, it will be a boy. If she chooses a girls name, it will be a girl: I don't think this one can work anymore since I know that's what it's asking for...

18)What side does the mom-to-be lay on while she's resting? If she lies on her left, it's a boy; on her right, it's a girl: GIRL

19) If young boys (pre-school age) show interest in you while you're pregnant, it will be a girl. If they ignore you, expect a boy: GIRL

20) Ask the mom-to-be to show you her hands. If she shows them palms up, it's a girl; palms down, a boy: GIRL

21) If you dream of girls, you will have a boy. If you dream of boys, you will have a girl: I've dreamt both...

22) Pick up a key - if you pick it up by the thinner end you are having a girl by the round part a boy: Unfortunately I read the whole thing before I could do that, so now I feel biased...

23) If the mom-to-be was the more aggressive partner when the baby was conceived, it will be a boy. If the father was the more aggressive, the baby will be a girl: Haha! I thought that was funny.

So the tally is:
BOY: 6
GIRL: 9

For whatever it's worth :)

1 comment:

  1. ;)

    Maybe I should sit down and do some of these before Wednesday? :)

    ReplyDelete